I've always wanted to make Klaralund (from Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton's Noro book 2) but couldn't get over the itch of Kureyon or Silk Garden, so I was thrilled when Noro came out with Matsuri, a cotton stripey yarn, and in dk weight to boot.
I started by knitting from one sleeve cuff to the other in one piece. The sleeves are straight, instead of belled. If you don't already know, I'm a bit picky about matching the stripes. It was a bit of a blessing (ha!) that of the nine balls of yarn used for this sweater, eight of them had knots, and so all that cutting and having enough of whatever colors to match turned out not to be a problem.
I picked up stitches from the upper body and knit the lower part top-down and in the round. In order to have stripes that aren't too thin from knitting longer rows, I knit with alternate balls of yarn that started at the same color. There were some rows in the front where the colors didn't match/blend exactly (in left picture) but in general the stripes turned out about the same width as the sleeves. I added a little waist shaping too.
Klaralund weather has finally arrived. Yay!